The undergraduate degree in Web Information Systems and Technologies is a joint programme of the School of Management and Industrial Studies (ESEIG) and of the Institute of Engineering of Porto (ISEP). Classes are taught at ESEIG by faculty members from ESEIG and from ISEP, as it is a joint degree programme offered by these two Schools of the Polytechnic Institute of Porto.
It aims at training professionals able to head projects for the creation, development and management of information systems and Web contents.
The degree features a solid education in design for digital media and in information technologies, striving to train professionals who will be proficient both in the creative and in the technological aspects of the production process.
It also emphasises the emerging trends in information science and technologies, namely Web computing (cloud computing), security, graphic interfaces and virtual environments.
Graduates will have the necessary skills to be involved in the design, development and management of information systems and Web contents, based on a wide range of technologies and technology platforms.
The graduates will be able to:
- Create, develop and manage information systems and web products;
- Show leadership skills, initiative and entrepreneurship;
- Design and develop products in 3D or in interactive environments;
- Develop systems and products for multi platforms;
- Design and develop digital entertainment and leisure products.
Possible Career Paths:
- Creation, development and management of software and web products;
- Development of products for mobile devices;
- Creation and development of games and entertainment software;
- Consultancy on Web product systems;
- Design, development and management of e-business platforms;
- Management of information systems projects in multi-platforms;
- Web Designer.
Taking one of the following exams:
(19) Mathematics A
Application grade: 95 marks
Entrance exams: 95 marks
Course Schedule: Daytime
Course Duration: 6 Semesters