This course aims at preparing qualified and trained technicians in Information Management, Library Science, Archival Science and Documentation.
Our graduates will acquire high level technical competences, including the ability to manage documents and information in several activity sectors, and the ability to integrate a work team and be mobile, professionally speaking.
Our graduates will be able to develop specialized continuous training and a technical, scientific and humanist culture open to internationalization.
They will also specialise in different information skills and tools and document management skills (technologies and other material and human resources); our graduates will also possess a solid theoretical and practical background in evaluating, selecting, storing, organising, treating technically, researching and analysing documents and information.
Possible Career Paths
- Information manager
- Document process manager
- Institutional repository manager
- Digital Content Managers
- Librarian (Universities, Schools, Town Halls, Museums, Foundations, etc.)
- Archivist (Hospitals, Court Rooms, Banks, Historic and Audio-visual archives, etc.)
- Documentalist specialising in several areas (Law, Economics and Finance, Health, Culture, etc.)
- Database manager
- Information Systems Manager
- Information research expert
- Information management consultant
Taking one of the following exams:
(17) Mathematics for Social Sciences
(18) Portuguese Language
Application grade: 95 marks
Entrance exams: 95 marks
Course Schedule: Daytime
Course Duration: 6 Semesters
Course Type ECTS Computer Systems 1st Semester 6 Introduction to Information Science 1st Semester 6 Data Collection Processes 1st Semester 6 Information Resources Management 1st Semester 6 Communication and Information Technologies 1st Semester 6 Introduction to Algorithms 2nd Semester 6 Project Management 2nd Semester 6 Internet and Digital Multimedia 2nd Semester 5 Information Description I 2nd Semester 6 Archival Information Management 2nd Semester 7