This degree aims al facilitating the acquisitions of the knowledge and skills wich are key to the management of catering and restaurant businesses.
With this in mind, it seeks to qualify professionals who are able to master operational, organisational and management techniques for catering and restaurant businesses.
Overall, the programme aims to:
- Promote the development and mastery of not only hard skills for the management of restaurant and acatering operations management, but also language, and interpersonal communication skills;
- Develop an approach to teaching and learning which enhance autonomy, flexibility, adaptability, organisational and critical thinking skills, with a view to develop entrepreneurship, creativity and inovation;
- Provide the students with teoretical knowledge, awareness of the trade's trends and best practices, in clode collaboration with partner organisations.
Possible Career Paths
- Restaurant Manager
- Production manager (food & beverage)
- Banqueting Supervisor
- Food and beverage manager
- Operations Manager for Restaurant and Catering Units
- Restaurant and Catering Consultant
Taking one of the following exams:
(17) Mathematics for Social Sciences
(18) Portuguese Language
Application grade: 95 marks
Entrance exams: 95 marks
Course Schedule: Daytime
Course Duration: 6 Semesters
Course Type ECTS English for Catering I 1st Semester 4 Quantitative Methods 1st Semester 4 Introduction to Hospitality and Catering 1st Semester 6 Communication 1st Semester 4 Foundations of Business Management 1st Semester 4 Information and Communication Technology 1st Semester 4 Health and Safety 1st Semester 4 English for Catering II 2nd Semester 4 Applied Kitchen & Restaurant Management 2nd Semester 7 F & B Management I 2nd Semester 5 Dietetics and Nutrition 2nd Semester 7 Systems and Equipment Maintenance 2nd Semester 3 French for Catering I (Optional) 2nd Semester 4 Spanish for Catering I (Optional)